Tuesday 1 May 2018

Papercraft Artist

Happy Tuesday everyone! I am so excited to announce that I have been asked to be a Papercraft Artist for the brand new The Social Papercrafter magazine. This is a free online magazine brought to you by the fabulous Create with Cayleigh and a new issue will appear every other month. To provide you with a jam packed magazine she has asked myself and 6 others to join her in creating inspiration, tutorials and articles for you to enjoy. This is what kept me incredibly busy last week as for some reason, although I've had the deadline in my planner for a month, I decided to leave everything to the last second!


In the very first issue we were all asked to take part in a sketch challenge, we could use this to create a card, a scrapbook layout, anything inspired by the sketch. While I have done some scrapbooking in the past my go craft is definitely card making.

The Social Papercrafter Sketch
When I first saw the sketch I knew I wanted to use one of the pearlized doilies from the Share What You Love suite as the circle. As you can see from the photo below these doilies have a lovely shine to them.

The Social Papercrafter Sketch

I have used some of the designer series paper from the suite for the banner at the back of the sketch and then chose one of the labels from the embellishment kit to stamp my sentiment onto. Even though I stamped it myself, when I look at my sentiment on the label I can't quite believe that it has been hand stamped and not printed on. The memento black ink with this font style just looks so sharp. I have used coordinating Rich Razzleberry card stock with Very Vanilla as the base and top layers. To finish it off I used one of the lovely metal roses that come with the embellishment kit down in the right hand corner.

The Social Papercrafter Sketch

Why not pop on over to the magazine to see what the other members of the team have done with this sketch as well as taking a look at the other inspiration and articles on offer. We'd also love it if you took part in the challenge so please have a go and send through your sketches to Cayleigh. My usual Technique Tuesday video has been uploaded already to my YouTube channel and will feature on my blog tomorrow. Until then, happy crafting.

Supplies:


No comments:

Post a Comment