Saturday 5 May 2018

5 ways with Beautiful Day

Welcome back to another Saturday inspiration post, this week I am sharing with you one of my articles from The Social Papercrafter magazine. If you're not sure what I'm talking about take a look at my blog post from Tuesday where I shared the exciting news that I have been asked to be a Papercraft Artist for Create with Cayleigh's online magazine.

Do you ever struggle to choose which stamp sets to buy? Or do you buy so many that you have sets sat on your shelves for ages that you’ve never touched? If either of these sound like you then you need to try Create with Cayleigh's 5 ways strategy. Cayleigh suggests that when choosing which products to buy you should try to come up with 5 ways you will be able to use them before parting with your money. That way you know that you’ll definitely get the most out of your purchases. Obviously, there will be some products that you just NEED so you don’t have to do this for everything but it will help with those ‘not sure’ purchases. In Cayleigh’s latest Facebook live for Stampin’ Up! demonstrators she challenged us all to come up with five ways to use our products. As I have a few, ok a LOT, of stamp sets sat on my shelf that I have bought because I liked them but then haven’t touched them, I thought it was about time I took up this challenge.

Today I am showing 5 makes using the stamp set ‘Beautiful Day’ by Stampin’ Up! As this set only has two main images, two sentiments and a small dot image I thought it was going to be tricky to come up with 5 different things to make but it was surprisingly easy once I got started. I now have plenty of ideas buzzing round in my head, so this was a good purchase! All the makes featured this month have been created using the Beautiful You stamp set and any additional supplies I have used are listed.

Stampin Up Beautiful Day

      Have a bright focal point. The main piece has been stamped in black and white, then an additional flower that has been coloured in is then popped up on foam pads to make it really stand out. 

Extra supplies: Tuxedo Black Memento Pad, Old Olive Stampin’ Blends Combo Pack, Calypso Coral Stampin’ Blends Combo Pack, Calypso Coral ink and card stock

Stampin Up Beautiful Day

With big open images that are just waiting to be coloured why not create your own patterned paper? This colourful card has been made by stamping a strip of white card using the Tuxedo Black Memento Pad and then colouring the flowers in with Stampin’ Blends. I also coloured in the areas around the flowers as I wanted the white based sentiment to pop out. 

Extra supplies:  Tuxedo Black Memento Pad, Rich Razzleberry Stampin’ Blends Combo Pack, Soft Sky Light Stampin’ Blend, Soft Sky ink and card stock.  

Stampin Up Beautiful Day

Produce clean and simple cards in minutes with a brightly coloured butterfly or flower layered onto a white base piece, it makes the image really stand out. To colour my butterfly I have used the quick and simple baby wipe swipe technique making this one a super quick card. 

Extra supplies: Baby wipes, Tuxedo Black Memento Pad, Melon Mambo, Pacific Point and Fresh Fig ink refills.

Stampin Up Beautiful Day

The images and sentiments in this stamp set lend themselves perfectly to making beautiful tags for presents. You could even make a tag that coordinates with the birthday card or make your own gift packaging to attach the tag to – see I told you I now had lots of ideas buzzing round my head! 

Extra supplies: Tuxedo Black Memento Pad, Rich Razzleberry Ink, Basic Black card, Vellum and Scalloped Tag Topper Punch

Stampin Up Beautiful Day

 The final card uses a beautiful wash of colour produced by Brusho Crystal Colour over the top of a heat embossed image. I also used my aqua painters to blend the colour in further as I wanted a smooth finish for this card.  

Extra supplies: White embossing powder, Brusho Crystal Colours and Aqua Painters.

As I had so much fun creating these makes for the magazine I have decided to make this a regular monthly feature so on the first Saturday of every month I am going to be doing a '5 ways with' post. If there are any stamp sets in particular you would like featured please leave me a comment below for inspiration. I'll be back on Tuesday with another Technique Tuesday video.

Supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment