Sunday 11 March 2018

You are simply amazing

I have a confession to make, I failed! In my technique post on Tuesday I said I was going to be spreading my posts out a little more evenly and so would be posting on a Saturday and Tuesday from that point onwards. As you will have noticed today is Sunday and there was no post yesterday, I completely forgot that was the plan, fail! I'm really sorry if anyone went looking for a post yesterday and hope that you enjoy this one a day late!

In the UK, today is Mother's Day which for me is always bitter sweet, it will be 12 years ago this year that I lost my own mum and I have to admit it's a bit of an emotional battle every year. I miss her so much every day and often wonder what she would think of me now. However, I have two wonderful boys of my own now and I know she would absolutely love them, and they love to spoil me on Mother's Day even if they don't realise that waking me up at quarter to six in the morning isn't my idea of a treat! I also have an amazing Mother in law who has welcomed me into the family like one of her own and has always been there for me through all of the hard times (and the good as well!) So while I can't make my own mum a card I can make one for her.

Stampin Up Beautiful Day, Letters for You and Amazing You

I'm really pleased with how today's card turned out and absolutely love my blends. For the flowers on this card I have used the Rich Razzleberry and Daffodil Delight blends in both light and dark. I have used the shimmery card stock as once coloured in it just gives an extra subtle sparkle to the design. To start with I coloured each petal in with the light pen then I worked out where my shadows would be and added a small amount of light onto all of the petals.

Stampin Up Beautiful Day, Letters for You and Amazing You

The next stage of my colouring was done a petal at a time. I added to my shading with the dark marker and then immediately went back over the whole petal with the light marker. This meant that the ink was still wet and so blended nicely together so that you get some lovely shading without a crisp line where the colours change. If I was colouring something where I wanted a crisp line between the colours I would let the ink dry before going over the top.

Stampin Up Beautiful Day, Letters for You and Amazing You

Once I had finished my flower panel I added in the 'you are simply' and 'mum' in Rich Razzleberry ink to match the flowers and die cut the 'amazing' in Rose Red to match the card layer under the flowers. I know I go on about this a lot but I really do love how my ink, pens and card stock all co-ordinate! 

Stampin Up Beautiful Day, Letters for You and Amazing You

The Amazing You stamp set and matching dies are sale-a-bration items and can be earned for free until 31st March 2018 and if you bought everything to make this card you would only need to spend another £20 to get both items for free as the dies are a level 2 item and the stamp set is a level 1 item. I don't know about you but I find it far too easy to earn the freebies! I will be back on Tuesday with the next technique video to show you, until then Happy crafting!

Supplies:


No comments:

Post a Comment