Sunday 4 March 2018

Four panel watercolor words card

Happy Sunday everyone! Well the snow has all melted away now but it made for a lovely couple of days being at home with the boys. When it was too cold to be outside we had some lovely chill out time watching films and keeping warm. Then when the wind dropped we were able to get outside and play in the snow, we made a snowman and his dog then had a family snowball fight. It was Rory's first real experience of snow and Ethan hadn't seen proper snow since he was about 2. They loved it!

For today's card I am stepping out of my usual fold the card in half comfort zone, to create a beautiful yet easy to make four panel card. I got the idea from a craft magazine I subscribe to, I was thinking of cancelling my subscription because I don't use any of the products they are promoting but then I made myself really look through the magazine properly for ideas that I could use my Stampin' Up! products to reproduce. I now have several new ideas up my sleeve! 

Four panel card

I really like the colours in the Naturally Eclectic DSP and I've only used them once since getting them. It's such a mixture of the colour families and the in colours but they work so well together. I chose Emerald Envy for my layers and then Night of Navy for my ink so that it all coordinated - if you didn't already know, I love coordination! 

Four panel card

On every other panel I have stamped a sentiment from the watercolor words stamp set and cut these out using the lots of labels framelit dies. This allowed me to have different sized sentiments on each panel while remaining the same shape.

Four panel card

When I first placed the sentiment onto the DSP panel it didn't quite look right so I took my Night of Navy marker pen and ran the edge of the brush tip along the edge of the white card. Then I attached this to the DSP with dimensionals and I think this simple edging made the sentiment 'pop'. You can see this more clearly in the image below.

Four panel card

To finish off my card I have added a couple of the glitter enamel dots to each sentiment in various colours. I just love these dots as there are various shades in each colour and they're glittery, what's not to love! When it comes time to give it to it's recipient I intend to die cut some more panels using the lots of labels so that I can write a message and then adhere it to the panels I have left blank. 

Four panel card

This style of card could also be used for photos or as a leaving card as there is lots of space! If you wanted to replicate this style of card here are the measurements, the base itself is made up of two pieces of card.


The base:
11 3/4" by 5 1/2" scored at 3 3/8", 7 1/8" & 10 7/8" (I have then cut 1/2" from the top of the first panel to create a step effect)
4 1/8" by 6" (this is then glued onto the small tab at the end of the card to create the fourth panel)

Card stock layers:
3 1/8" by 4 3/4" (x2)
3 1/2" by 5 1/4" (x2)
3 7/8" by 5 3/4"

DSP layers:
1 1/4" by 4 1/2"
2 7/8" by 4 1/2"
3 1/4" by 5" (x2)
3 5/8" by 5 1/2"

I would love to see what you make using this four panel layout, if you need any help or would like to order any of the products I have used then just get in touch on 07513 912 345 or email me at csh.wiggle.craft@gmail.com  Happy crafting.

Supplies:


No comments:

Post a Comment