Sunday 18 February 2018

CAS Colours and Sketches Challenge #259 - Sketch

Wow, Sunday evening already, I can't believe how quickly this weekend has gone and I had a three day weekend. It's been lovely, I was able to take my boys up to Wisley Gardens on Friday with my Dad to see the butterflies. The boys had a great time spotting all of the different coloured butterflies flying around above them. Then when it got a little too hot in the hot house we went outside to enjoy a lovely picnic, spring is definitely on it's way. Some of the spring flowers are starting to open and there were several birds hopping about looking for food.

To try and use up some of the boys energy we took a walk around the gorgeous grounds, including the vegetable patches where they were asking Grandad lots of questions about what all of the different vegetables were. I think their favourite part, other than the butterflies, was the play park. In one corner there was an area set up to build dens, they had great fun trying to stand huge tree limbs up to make the walls. It was lovely to see them working together, each at one end carrying it to where they wanted it.

Cat Herrington Wiggle Craft - Stampin' Up! Beautiful Day

Today's card was inspired by all of the beautiful butterflies we saw on Friday, there were so many different colours. There were also some that looked exactly like Autumn leaves, perfect camouflage.  I decided to play along with the CAS Colour & Sketches Challenge this week, I have flipped the sketch round to be portrait as I created the tag first and it then didn't fit on a landscape card, whoops!


To create my butterfly I stamped the outline in Fresh Fig and then used my aqua painters to colour in the rest of the image using Rich Razzleberry, Island Indigo and Marina Mist. I used very little water as if you apply too much onto Whisper White it can make the card stock bobble which ruins the effect. You can put as much water as you want on water colour card stock but you need to be careful when using normal Whisper White.

Cat Herrington Wiggle Craft - Stampin' Up! Beautiful Day

I punched the hole in the tag using the Watermelon punch from the Itty Bitty Fruit Punch set, I also used this to punch off the corners. For the striped element of the sketch I chose some of the striped paper from the Painted with Love speciality DSP. It's called speciality because it's a little bit special, on one side of each of the designs are some Gold elements. The Gold goes so nicely with the other colours on the DSP and I think fits in nicely on my card. To finish the card off I used my stamp-a-ma-jig to line up my sentiment, this is one of the first tools I bought when I discovered Stampin' Up! about 5 years ago and it's still one of my most used.

Cat Herrington Wiggle Craft - Stampin' Up! Beautiful Day

That's it from me today, all of the supplies I have used to create today's card are below. Please feel free to click directly on the image to link you to my online shop or drop me an email on csh.wiggle.craft@gmail.com with any questions or orders you may have. Happy crafting.

Supplies:


6 comments:

  1. Very lovely card, Cat! Love how you've used the sketch. Thanks for joining us this week at the CAS Colours & Sketches Challenge. Marsha DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rich color palette you've chosen is very pretty! Thanks for making CC&S part of your crafting time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colours and I loved reading how you were inspired. Wonderful use of the sketch and perfectly CAS too. Thanks so much for joining in on the fun at CC&S. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bev, i’m glad you enjoyed reading my blog x

      Delete