Thursday 12 May 2016

WWYS - Going Global

Morning all, I hope you're having a good week? It seems like a bit of a long one to me but it's not been too bad. I had better warn you now this is a bit of a photo heavy post, sorry! As I said on Tuesday I do love a good challenge blog and I have stumbled across a new one. It's called What will you stamp? and the idea is that each week a different Stampin' Up! set is chosen and the challenge is to use that stamp set. I think this is a great idea as I have so many stamp sets that I bought because I really liked them and then have either used them once or not at all. This weeks challenge is to use the retiring set Going Global, this is actually one of my favourite sets and I'm so sad to see it leaving. I think it is great for those hard to make masculine cards, so if you like it make sure you grab it quickly!


There are so many possibilities with this set and I really love the 'You are my greatest adventure' sentiment and think it goes really well with the compass. Here is what I came up with:

Stampin' Up! Going Global

I often find that when I finish a card I either love it or think it's a bit rubbish, this was one of the rare occasions where I really loved the finished result! The strip of marble effect paper down the middle is just gorgeous and the wink of stella on the compass just finishes it off nicely. It's not often that I brag about one of my own cards but I really do love this one.  

Stampin' Up! Going Global

The marble effect paper was made using shaving foam and re-inkers. I have to admit I bought the re-inkers because I thought I should. Most of my pads have never needed re-inking as they last so well hence why I have been looking for other things I can do with them. This is why I tried out the floating re-inker technique on a previous post (click here to see it) and why I have tried out the shaving foam technique on this card. Yet another technique that I can't believe I haven't done before.


As you can see from the above photo it is so so easy! First you spread shaving foam (must be foam not gel) onto a flat surface, I used a plate, and spread it out until it's roughly flat. Then add a few drops of your chosen re-inkers and swirl together with something thin, I would suggest the thin end of a paintbrush. Don't swirl them too much otherwise you end up just mixing the colours together. Place your card stock in the foam and gently pat down over the entire surface. Using tweezers take the card out of the foam and wipe the shaving foam off. I would suggest leaving it for a couple of mins first so the ink doesn't smudge. Then leave to dry and you end up with a gorgeous marble effect!

I hope you like my card as much as I do and thank you for stopping by to read my blog. If you wanted any of the supplies to make this card then please use the links below to go straight through to my online shop.

Supplies:


4 comments:

  1. and, you should love this card! It really is gorgeous -- that marbled strip really holds the card all together! GREAT jbo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Love the marble effect. Thanks for joining us at WWYS this week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brag away Cat! I love it too. That citrus marbled paper is gorgeous and sets your card off wonderfully. Thanks for joining in the fun over at WWYS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you Cat!! I totally get your story - I also have reinkers that are still in the box! You have inspired me to try this technique as it looks fab! Thanks for joining us over at WWYS this week! See you again soon xx

    ReplyDelete