Sunday 15 May 2016

Sunday Retirement Showcase - Happy Ribbon

Morning all, well it's Sunday again already, time seems to be going so quickly at the moment. My boys are growing up too fast, the weeks are flying by, getting closer and closer to when I have to go back to work! Hmmmm not a happy thought! It is also getting closer to the 31st May which means you don't have long left to get those items on the retirement list before they are gone for good. A happier point is that it's getting closer and closer to when the new catalogue comes out, I am loving some of the new items and already have a wish list as long as my arm. If you would like a copy of the catalogue just drop me and email and I will get one in the post to you when they become available.

So as part of my mega tidy up in my craft space I bought a ribbon box as I have lots of reels and I hardly ever use them because I just can't see them. So now most (I hadn't realised how many I had, I need another box!!) of my ribbons are in my box and I can see all of them poking out through the holes at the end. The problem being I could now see how pretty they were but still had no idea what to do with them. So once again I opened Pinterest to see what I could find. I found a lovely card by Lisa of I'm in Haven which had Happy down the side of the card with ribbons going across the card the same colour as the letters and then birthday stamped at the bottom. Unfortunately I couldn't find the post that the photo was from which is why I haven't linked directly to that post. Here is my card recreated with retired Stampin' Up! supplies.

Stampin' Up! Ribbon Happy Birthday Card

I'm going to give this card to my brother in law but it could easily be changed to be more feminine. I don't feel it's as good as Lisa's but I'm happy with the result and I will be looking for more ways to use up my stacks of retired ribbons so that I can buy some of the ones in the new catalogue.

Thank you for stopping by to read my blog, I'll be back on Tuesday with another card to show you.


Supplies:


No comments:

Post a Comment