Thursday 28 April 2016

I Heart You

Hello, well today I had my first KIT (keeping in touch) day at work preparing me for when I go back in June. I was really apprehensive about going in today for two reasons, the first that I would have to leave my boys. I know I have done it before when I went back to work after having little monkey but it just felt different leaving both of them for a whole day with someone other than hubby. Don't get me wrong I left them in the capable hands of my Dad for the morning and my Mother in law for the afternoon so I knew they would be fine. The boys probably didn't even notice I was gone but it just felt so strange. The second reason I was apprehensive was that I was convinced everything at work would have changed and that I wouldn't fit back in as it seems a very long time ago that I was there. Of course nothing really was different, everyone was the same and it actually felt good to be back. 

I'm now back home and the boys are still at their Nana's so to stop myself from missing them (I just want to give them a really big cuddle!) I thought I would dive into my craft room to make a quick card. I cannot tell you how quick this card was to make, I think what took the longest was deciding which side of the DSP to have for each bird. It was so quick I even had time to make an envelope for it!

Stampin' Up! Bird Builder Punch

I wanted to make an anniversary card for hubby as it's our anniversary next week but I didn't want it too girly and lots of red because that just isn't him. So as usual when I'm stuck for inspiration I went through my Pinterest boards to see what I could find. I found a lovely simple card by Kylie Henshaw which unfortunately I cannot link you to as the pin I have only takes me to the home page of her blog and I couldn't seem to find it when looking through her old posts. My card actually turned out quite different from the original when I compare the two. Sometimes that's just how it goes, you see something you like and it just starts from there.

My birds have been punched from the lovely Timeless Elegance DSP, I only punched the bird out of two pieces of the paper but it gave me several combinations for the bird bodies, wings and leaves. If you look carefully at the photo you will see all four sides of the paper have been used. I really love the bird builder punch and I'm going to miss it when it retires. It works so well on it's own or with some of the old coordinating stamp sets. Although I am sad to see this go I am really excited by one of the new punches and matching stamp sets that is coming in the new annual catalogue!

As always the supplies that I have used are below and if you click on the image it will take you straight through to my shop. I have already mentioned that the Bird Builder punch is retiring but the Timeless Elegance DSP, envelope paper, And Many More stamp set and the Itty Bitty Accents punch pack are all on the retirement list as well, so grab them while you can. 

Thank you for stopping by to read my blog.

Supplies:


No comments:

Post a Comment