Sunday 22 March 2015

Nobody loves like a mum

Morning all, I am off out today to enjoy a lovely relaxing time at the spa. For Christmas I received a spa day voucher from my lovely friends Kate and Iain, and I thought what better day to take advantage than the day before I start my new job? Hopefully I'll be nice and relaxed for tomorrow morning. 

With only 10 days left of Sale-a-bration, yes only 10 days to grab those goodies before they are gone, I thought I would share another card using one of my favourite SAB items this year. I really hope Stampin' Up! bring out something similar to the Irresistibly Yours paper in their annual catalogue as I have had great fun playing with this. The photos just don't do this paper justice as you can't see how the white area shines and they are just so easy to colour. If you can only afford to do an order of £45 I would definitely recommend this paper as it's so versatile you can use it for any style of card.


I know that Mother's Day in the UK was last Sunday but I didn't get a chance to share this card that I made for my Mother in law before now and it could so easily be turned into a birthday card that I felt I could still share it. My Mother in law absolutely loves pink so just had to make the background pink. For this one I used Rich Razzleberry (not technically a pink but I had to get a bit of me in there as well!) and Rose Red, I simply used sponges to rub the colour over the top. So rather than dabbing like I usually do with a sponge I wiped them over so it gave a smoother finish in the coloured areas. I'm really pleased with the finished result.


The flowers have been created using the Painted Petals stamp set which I really enjoyed working with, it's another set that allows you to easily stamp different parts of the image in different colours and to create a different picture each time. Definitely another favourite from the Spring/Summer catalogue. Although not pink I felt the Blackberry Bliss ribbon finished the card off nicely.

Well that's it for me today as I need to go and get ready for my day at the spa, I'll be back next Sunday with another creation to share. Let me know what you're up to today by leaving me a little comment underneath. Thank you for stopping in to read my blog.

Supplies:


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment