Tuesday 3 March 2015

Natures Inspiration

Morning everyone, last week my Dad took little monkey and I to the butterfly house at Wisley. We had a great time spotting all of the butterflies in the hot house, there were so many different colours, shapes and sizes. It was amazing, here are my favourites of the day.


After seeing all of these lovely butterflies I wanted to try and re create their beauty, which at times is really difficult as nature has just made them perfect, but I think I may have succeeded slightly with this butterfly. 


The blue of this is inspired by the blue and black butterfly in the top right of my photos above. To create the butterfly I first stamped the Swallowtail Butterfly in Versmark and then heat embossed using the Silver Stampin' Emboss powder. I then used sponge daubers to sponge Pacific Point and Rich Razzleberry on the wings and Chocolate Chip on the body. 


For the background of this card I have tried the Bokeh technique again, I tried this once before (check out my previous post here) but I didn't have all of the right materials. This time my White Craft Ink had arrived so I had everything I needed and I found a slightly different way to achieve the technique over on a fellow demonstrators blog Stampin Alley


You first brush watercolour paper with water (try not to get it too wet as you don't want pools of colour, they tend to dry with funny edges and can ruin your background) then using an Aqua Painter you paint on spotches of your chosen colours. The Aqua Painter keeps the paper wet so that the colours can mingle together. Once this is dry you then use a template cut with circle punches of various sizes to sponge on White Craft Ink. I cannot tell you how pleased I am with the result of this card! I love it so much that I plan to make a video on how to make this card so that hopefully someone will CASE it.

That's it for today, I hope you like my card as much as I did. Thank you for stopping by to read my blog, I'll be back again soon with another card to share.

Supplies:


Please see below links to all of the supplies that I have used in today's card.

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment