Monday 2 March 2015

Mother's Day - Part 2

Morning everyone, I can't quite believe that it's Monday again already, Sunday went far too quickly! Although I shouldn't complain too much as I am meeting my lovely friend for lunch and a catch up today, definitely looking forward to it!

Today's card is the second of the four Mother's Day cards I have to show you. This one was CASEd from the Spring/Summer catalogue as I really liked the colour combinations. Another reason why I chose this one was that I hadn't tried inking an embossing folder before and wanted to give it a go!


The background piece was created by inking up a brayer and running it along the raised part of the Spring Flowers TIEF. Then when you run it through your BigShot the ink stays on the paper in the impressions created by the folder. The flowers were created using the lovely Painted Petals stamp set, the flowers and leaves are two separate stamps but fit together nicely. I personally recommend the photopolymer stamps for this set, where they are clear you can see easily where you need to stamp the petals or leaves once you have stamped the other. It makes it look like one stamp! However if photopolymer isn't for you, you could also use the Stamp-a-ma-jig to line them up nicely.

That's it for today, thank you for stopping by to read my blog, I will be back again tomorrow for the start of what could turn into a butterfly obsession! 

Supplies:


Here are links to all of the supplies I have used to create today's card, please feel free to click on any of the pictures to take you through to my online shop.

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment