Saturday 14 February 2015

The lovely Lotus Blossom - Part 4

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! I was spoilt last night when hubby came home from work, I'd been suffering from a migraine most of the day and it was making me feel sick just to be upright so when he turned up at the door with a bunch of flowers, chocolates and a cute teddy bear I felt very happy! I did then thoroughly ignore him for the evening by going to bed for 11 hours, oops! At least my migraine's gone!

Anyway onto today's card, this is the last card in the lovely Lotus Blossom series and one of my favourites.


One of the reasons this one is my favourite is the use of the Irresistibly Yours paper for the background, I used the brayer and Soft Sky again for this one as it just went so well with the purples (Blackberry Bliss and Rich Razzleberry) but you could use any colour you liked, that's the beauty of this paper. The second reason this one is my favourite is the flower itself, here is a close up.


While I was playing with the Lotus Blossom colours before the classes I found a post where someone (it's annoying me now that I can't remember who, if it was you please let me know so I can give you credit) had made a gorgeous blue flower using black, Pacific Point and Marina Mist and I wondered whether I could achieve the same result with purples. This three coloured flower turned out exactly how I wanted it, which doesn't happen often!! The very centre of the flower was stamped in Memento Black then the second step was stamped in Blackberry Bliss and the final step was stamped in Rich Razzleberry. It just goes to show that if you're happy to experiment you can achieve some lovely things.

If you fancy making this card or similar my next coffee and craft afternoon is on 24th February 14:00-16:30 and my next evening classes are Monday 2nd March and Tuesday 3rd March. Drop me an email if you fancy joining me.

That's it for today, thank you for stopping in to read my blog.

Supplies:


Built for Free Using:  My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment