Monday 23 February 2015

Punch Art Lion

Morning all, I hope you all had a lovely weekend? We did, after our fun day out in Brighton on Saturday we then spent Sunday catching up with family and going for a lovely walk. I'll be glad when it warms up a bit though as it was rather cold and windy yesterday!

After showing you the video on how good Stampin' Up! punches are compared to some cheaper ones I thought I had better show you a card using some of them! While searching for ideas for children's birthday cards for tonight's party I came across this tutorial sheet by Debbie Naylor on how to make a Lion using Stampin' Up! punches and although I decided on a different route for tonight I really wanted to have a go at the Lion. After making the Lion itself I wasn't really sure what to do with him until I remembered the Freshly Made Sketch that had popped into my inbox. Here is the sketch that inspired me:


I thought the Lion would look quite cute on top of the slant so here is my card:


Where I used such a dark background colour I decided to use my Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder for the sentiment which I think makes it stand out perfectly and co-ordinates nicely with the strip of paper from the Gold Soiree DSP. The Lion's mane and feet have been made using the Blossom punch cut from Cajun Craze and So Saffron. To make the face I punched one 1 3/8" circle and two 3/4" circles from So Saffron then used the Owl Punch to cut the eyes and nose. To finish him off I used my Early Espresso Stampin' Write marker to create some whiskers. Excuse the smudging over his left eye, I got a little distracted by little monkey wanting to play with the Lion that I accidentally glued his eye higher up and had to try and rescue it!


That's it for today, thank you for taking to time to read my blog. I will definitely be back on Wednesday for weekly deals but if I get a chance I will be back tomorrow as there is another challenge I would like to play along with.

Supplies:


Please find below all of the supplies I have used in the above card, if you wish to order any of the supplies online simply click on the image and it will take you straight to my online shop. Otherwise feel free to contact me or leave me a comment. 
Price: £15.50
Price: £15.50
Built for Free Using:  My Stampin Blog

2 comments:

  1. This lion is adorable...SO cute!!! Gorgeous card!
    Thank you for joining us at FMS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This lion is adorable...SO cute!!! Gorgeous card!!
    Thank you for joining us at FMS!!

    ReplyDelete