Thursday 5 February 2015

Happy New Home

Morning everybody, my lovely friend Dottie K and her family have recently moved house so along with a present, (which I will show on my second Facebook page on Friday) I made them a new home card. I had great fun making this one as I really enjoy using the Irresistibly Yours paper and I hope they like it too.


For this card I used two different sheets of the Irresistibly Yours paper and two different techniques on them. You can turn this paper any colour you want or just leave it white, it's very versatile, just be prepared to get a little messy if you want to colour it! 

For the Soft Sky dotty background I used my brayer to get an even colour coverage, although my ink is running a little dry (Understatement I can't even get ink on my fingers if I push on the pad now!) so it does look a little patchy in places but as you'll see in a lotus blossom card I will be showing you shortly this doesn't usually happen. The banner is also cut from this piece of coloured card, you just can't see the hole as I stuck the centre piece over it! For the Wisteria Wonder centre I used the flowery piece of Irresistibly Yours paper and a sponge dauber. I put more colour at the bottom and then sponged upwards, each time I needed more ink on my sponge I applied it at the bottom first to keep the top half lighter. With either technique once you have finished you take a tissue and rub over the paper to remove the ink from the embossed areas which brings them up lovely and shiny again. 

My ink refills are on their way so I should be able to have some fun with a spritzer and the Irresistibly Yours paper soon!

Supplies:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment