Tuesday 20 January 2015

My first training session

Morning everyone, did you all have a good weekend? It feels so long ago now that it's Tuesday! I had a fantastic weekend, I went to my first ever Stampin' Stars training session on Saturday then one of my lovely friends came down to stay. We all got very muddy on Sunday as we went for a walk in Queen Elizabeth Country Park and chose possibly the muddiest path! You should have seen us trying to get uphill while slipping and sliding! We had a great time and definitely earned the cake Donna treated us to afterwards.

I may have been a demo now for over a year but as I said, on Saturday it was my first ever training session. All the way there I was so nervous and excited and was wondering whether I had made a mistake booking onto it but as soon as I arrived and got chatting to some of the other ladies I was so glad I went. Everyone made me feel so welcome and I wasn't the only one there who hadn't been before. It was just a great day, we spent the morning talking business, swapping cards and congratulating people on promotions and top sales then after lunch we had 3 hours of solid crafting (or just chatting if you wanted to!) We were given instructions and materials for 10 different cards, I have never made that many cards in such a short space of time. I came away feeling so enthusiastic and full of ideas for my business and for cards I want to try out, I really can't tell you enough how great it is being a demo. (Check out my previous post here to see more reasons why you should join my team right now!)

As part of training we were invited to make swaps for everyone that attended and that way if everyone made one you would go home with 24 different ideas, I received some gorgeous ones and now have lots of inspiration to build on. The swaps could be anything we wanted as long as it used current Stampin' Up! products. Now as many of you know I love butterflies so I just had to use the butterfly basics set for my swaps, I want to get the most out of this set now in case it doesn't roll over to the new annual catalogue. I'm not usually a gold person, I prefer silver (or white gold if we're talking jewellery!) but I received a lovely swap from Emma Goddard at the sale-a-bration demo only event back in December where she used Crumb Cake and Gold and I thought the colours went together beautifully and so decided to try them out myself.




I have added a close up of the butterfly as you can't quite see from the first photo that the butterfly is made up of two layers. The first layer is stamped in Crumb Cake onto Very Vanilla and the second layer is made from Vellum with Gold embossing powder. I was really pleased with this one and I think people liked it when I handed it out. I will be sharing the swaps I received gradually over on my Facebook page so if you want to get some more inspiration please pop on over to take a look but for now I must get back to making wedding invitations. Thanks for stopping in.

Supplies:


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment