Tuesday 13 January 2015

Free Lotus Blossom

Hello everyone, well I got a little carried away making cards with all of my new sets that I forgot to share them, so I'm sorry it's been a bit of a gap since the first one. 

When I went to the Sale-a-bration event for demonstrators back in December we were given a sneak peak and were able to have a go with the lotus blossom set (which just happens to be one of the FREE stamps sets if you spend £45) and I fell in love with it. It's what's called a two step stamp set which means that you build up the layers to achieve the end result. It's a lot easier than it sounds as the layers are numbered and they have a little arrow so that you can line all of the layers up. You can do this either with one or two colours (or three...). I chose to do mine with just one colour this time but will have a go with two next time.


(Sorry about the quality of the photo, I haven't found the right spot yet to avoid the shadows but hopefully you'll be able to see the detail on the flowers.)

To achieve this with just one colour I really inked up the first stamp so it was really juicy and came out nice and dark. Then for the second layer I stamped it onto scrap paper first and for the third and final layer I stamped it a couple of times on scrap paper so there was barely any ink left on the stamp before stamping onto my image. The best thing with this set is to have a play with different colour combinations and ways of layering the stamps because you can change around the order to achieve different results.

Have you spotted the Artisan Embellishment Kit on page 27 of the Spring/Summer catalogue yet? I was so excited when I saw this as it's such a cute little set with some lovely bits to make adding embellishments easy. That's where the button and little bit of rose red lace at the top of the card come from. I'm looking forward to trying out the rose die-cut cards that come in the kit, I just haven't quite worked out what to do with them yet!

If you haven't got a catalogue yet drop me an email and I'll pop one in the post for you.

Supplies:


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment