Friday 9 January 2015

A friendly butterfly

Hello everyone, well I managed to squeeze into my craft room the other night to have a go with my new goodies. I couldn't believe the size of the box when it turned up as I'd tried to be really good this time, although lots of it was free! I love sale-a-bration and hostess credits! I'm determined to keep it all in the box until I come to use it so that I make sure I use everything I bought at least once! 

So here's the first card I made:


I have always loved butterflies on cards so when I saw the Butterflies thinlits in the Spring/Summer catalogue I just had to buy it, especially as it could be bought as a bundle with a gorgeous stamp set. I think several of my cards are going to be using this bundle! Here I cut the butterfly out in Whisper White card and then used sponge daubers to colour it in with possibly my two favourite colours at the moment. To get it to stand out a little I just used a small about of tombow on the body of the butterfly so that the wings weren't stuck down. This was then topped off with a pearl from the artisan embellishment kit, which I love. The sentiment came from the set Simply Wonderful which is one of the offerings in this years sale-a-bration (free with every £45 spend, so that's two free items if you spend £90 etc)

Thanks for stopping by, I already have one card lined up to show you and I suspect there will be plenty more on the way.

Supplies:


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment