Tuesday 21 October 2014

One great stamp set, three simple cards - Part 1

Christmas is two short months away so if you haven't started already now would be a good time to make a start on your Christmas cards. There are so many great stamps to choose from in the Autumn/Winter catalogue that it might be difficult to know what to choose. I thought I would help out by making three simple cards using the same stamp set to show you that you don't need to get lots of sets in order to achieve a variety of cards.

Each card uses only one stamp set, White Christmas (Photopolymer), but uses a variety of embellishments to make each one different. For all three cards I used the aqua painter and my Soft Sky ink pad in order to colour in the sky area on the card. You can't see this very well in the photo but it does look very effective when you have the physical card.

For the first card I picked out the reindeer and little bird and coloured them in using my blender pens, these were then cut out and stuck on using Stampin' Dimensionsals to make them stand out from the background. I changed the trees slightly by stamping the group of two trees twice as the original stamp has two and then one. (Just a quick way to make it slightly different!) To finish off this card I have wrapped gold bakers twine around the section of white card before sticking it onto my card base.


So that's the first of three simple cards, make sure you keep an eye on the blog for the other two! You don't have to wait for the other two though, if you're ready to get started with your Christmas cards feel free to use the shop link at the side of the page or the links below to take you to individual items.

Supplies:


No comments:

Post a Comment