Friday 18 July 2014

Blended Bloom - Hello

Hello everyone, it's been another hot and sticky day here in Farnham, I do like the sun but I'm not one for sticky heat. It also means that I don't start my crafting until later in the evening once it has cooled down! I thought it was about time I took part in another card challenge so this week I have had a go at another Freshly Made Sketches challenge, I like a lot of their sketches so I think I'll try and have a go more often. Here is the original sketch we were given to play with.

As I wanted to have another go with my blendabilities pens I decided to swap the circle shape for the blended bloom flower which I cut out after colouring using my very sharp paper snips. Usually I'm a little reserved with my colour choices but I loved the green paper in the Park Lane pack as I thought they looked a little like leaves and so went well with the flower image but I wasn't sure what other colours to use. So I pulled out my colour coach again to see which colours would go with Olive Green and it suggested Cherry Cobbler and Pumpkin Pie. I didn't realise how useful the colour coach was until I bought it, I would never have picked green, orange and red to go together myself but they work so well together! Anyway here is the card I have created for the challenge.


Originally the card didn't have the butterflies on but I felt it needed something else to just finish it off, hopefully I'll still be able to enter the challenge but if not I still enjoyed creating it! I stuck the paper directly onto the card and then used dimensionals to give the butterflies and flower a bit of height. Although I used 'Hello' as a sentiment from the Peachy Keen set I feel this card would work well with a variety of sentiments.


Supplies:

All supplies are from Stampin' Up! unless otherwise stated.

Stamps: Blended Bloom and Peachy Keen (No longer available as a physical stamp but can still be found on MDS)
Card: Park Lane Designer Series, Whisper White and Cherry Cobbler
Inks and Pens: Pumpkin Pie and Daffodil Delight Blendabilities
Tools and Embellishments: Paper Snips, Stampin' Dimensionals, Bitty Butterfly Punch and 1" Square Punch

If you would like to order any Stampin' Up! products feel free to contact me using the details at the top of the page or alternatively you can order from Stampin' Up! directly using the button on the right remembering to find my name in the demonstrator list before completing your purchase!



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful job with your coloring! And I love this dsp with the flower image. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete