Friday 11 July 2014

Blended Birthday

Hello everyone, I've got my fingers crossed from my tent in Devon that you will actually be seeing this post! As promised here is the card I used the blended flowers for, I decided to keep the background in black and white because I felt it made the colours of the lovely flower really stand out. With this one I decided to pick out parts of the petals in the darkest shade as well as the centre of the flower, I love to experiment with pens and it's so therapeutic.  


Both flowers come from the Flower Shop stamp set and I chose the happy birthday sentiment from the new hostess set Bloom with Hope as I felt it was nice and delicate which fitted in with the style of card rather than standing out too much and taking away from the flower. I chose to heat emboss the sentiment using Pool Party Stampin' emboss powder so that it would also stand out slightly but not too much. As you can see from the picture below I got a little carried away and made a card for each colour set of blendabilities I have, I can't wait for the next six colours!


Supplies:

All supplies are from Stampin' Up! unless otherwise stated.

Stamps: Flower Shop, Bloom with Hope (hostess)
Card: Whisper white and Basic Black
Inks and Pens: Tuxedo Black Memento and Versa Mark Ink & Cherry Cobbler, Coastal Cabana, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie and Rich Razzleberry Blendabilities
Tools and Embellishments: Pool Party Stampin' Emboss Powder, Heat tool, Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive

If you would like to order any Stampin' Up! products feel free to contact me using the details at the top of the page or alternatively you can order from Stampin' Up! directly using the button on the right remembering to find my name in the demonstrator list before completing your purchase!



No comments:

Post a Comment