Thursday 26 June 2014

Copy and Share Everything - Part one

Hello everyone! This is a two part post with the second part hopefully coming out tomorrow. There are so many things I love about Stampin' Up! but the one I'd like to talk about today is their Copy and Share Everything or CASE policy. This means that as long as someone hasn't specifically said you are not allowed to copy their work you can search for ideas and then copy them straight off or maybe make some tweaks to add your own style as long as you let people know where you found your inspiration.

Sometimes when you look at a project or photos in a catalogue it can be quite daunting and you begin to wonder whether you'd ever be able to create it yourself. Well I wanted to show you how easy it was to copy the ideas from the Stampin' Up! catalogues. On the very first page of the Spring/Summer catalogue (finishing 30th June) are some really nice thank you cards using the Retro Fresh Designer Series. A friend asked me if I could make some for her as she was looking for some thank you cards and really liked the style. 

One of the things that is really handy is that Stampin' Up! tell you what products they've used so you don't have to go searching through the whole catalogue trying to work it out yourself. Once you've bought the products it's then up to you whether you copy it completely or tweak it in some way. For the first one below I copied it pretty much exactly (except I forgot to order the sequins!!) The frame at the back was cut with the On Film Framelits, the wooden arrow is pre cut so all that was left was to choose my patterned paper, stamp the sentiments and then stick it all together!



I then decided I wanted some in slightly different colours so just changed the patterned paper or the colour of the frame. They were so easy to make because all of the framelits, inks and papers make it easy.  I was even able to do a batch of them in an evening. Now I just hope she likes them!


 

Supplies:

All supplies are from Stampin' Up! unless otherwise stated.

Stamps: Hip Notes
Card: Whisper White, Baked Brown Sugar, Cherry Cobbler, Retro Fresh Designer Series and I Am Me Designer Series
Inks: Basic Black and Costal Cabana
Tools and Embellishments: On Film Framelits Dies (Save 15% when bought as a bundle with Peachy Keen stamp set before 30th June 14), Essentials Wooden Elements, SNAIL Adhesive, Tombow Multi-Purpose Adhesive and Big Shot Die Cutting Machine.

If you would like to order any Stampin' Up! products feel free to contact me using the details at the top of the page or alternatively you can order from Stampin' Up! directly using the button on the right remembering to find my name in the demonstrator list before completing your purchase!



No comments:

Post a Comment