Sunday 29 June 2014

Combining the old with the new

Hello everyone, it has been a lovely sunny day here in Farnham and as hubby and friends were trying to finish putting up our fence panels (not as easy as they thought!) mini monkey and I spent the day with his Granddad. While he is only two he has already decided on the hierarchy within the family, his Granddad being right at the top, so a day spent with Grumps is the best thing for Ethan. I thought I was a pretty safe second until the other day when I asked if I could have one of his cheddars, at which point he said 'No Mummy,' took one out of the packet and fed it to Pearl, my mother in laws lovely dog! Hopefully I'll be able to stay in third and not slip any further down his hierarchy.

Anyway back to today's card, I thought it was time I tried another card challenge and I really liked this weeks Freshly Made Sketch. I also wanted to do at least one more card with some items that are retiring tomorrow. Here is the original sketch we were given to play with.



I really liked the simplicity of this sketch because I am still a relative beginner and get scared off from time to time by the more complicated sketches. As I said before I wanted to use some of the retiring products before we have to say good bye for good. The two stamp sets used are both retiring but the colours are a sneak peek of the brand new In Colour selection for 2014-2016. I absolutely love these new colours, the orange is so bright and vibrant while the purple is a really deep juicy colour.


Supplies:

All supplies are from Stampin' Up! unless otherwise stated.

Stamps: Morning Post Alphabet and Bring on the Cake
Card: Whisper white, Blackberry Bliss and Tangelo Twist
Inks: Blackberry Bliss and Tangelo Twist
Tools and Embellishments: Corner rounder punch

If you would like to order any Stampin' Up! products feel free to contact me using the details at the top of the page or alternatively you can order from Stampin' Up! directly using the button on the right remembering to find my name in the demonstrator list before completing your purchase!



2 comments:

  1. Fun card with some great colors! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete